A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2017

MARCH 2017: SERENGETI

I went to the Ndutu Plain of the Serengeti in Tanzania during the wildebeest migration when two million wildebeest come through the area. I did not find a way to photograph the immensity of the landscape with wildebeest everywhere all the way to the horizon. The wildebeest all calf within a few weeks of each other, and thereby overwhelming predators with easy prey. Some are sacrificed for the good of the whole, in that there are too many for predators cannot take them all. The area was exceptionally plentiful with cheetahs, which we saw every day. Most often we would follow them while they hunted, sometimes for hours. The lions were also plentiful, in particular a mother with her three cubs, which we hung out with several times. They were cute like stuffed animals.




I also visited a Maasai Village, where they danced for me, took me to their small primary school, and showed me their houses. I was guided by Justice, a Maasai who worked for the And Beyond camp where I stayed. We spent hours talking about their culture, and his own history. It was a highlight of the trip.


For a video slide show of my trip please go to: