A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

APRIL, 2018: DENVER, COLORADO

Sometimes it is not necessary to leave home to have a great wildlife encounter. I took this photo of a red-tailed hawk within a short distance from my home. I was walking my dog, Drummer, when I saw him sitting in a tree. I went home, grabbed my camera, put my 100-400mm lens on, and he was still there when I went out again. I set up, and encouraged a curious neighbor to walk up to the tree to get him to fly. My camera (a Sony A9) has a burst rate of 20fps, which increases my chances of the perfect shot. I got two tries at it (as he first took off and landed a short ways away on another tree), and the second time I got this one - three really usable shots with two bursts.